The request to onboard a Customer serves as explicit confirmation from you that the Customer is ready for account opening. This event initiates the KYC/AML verification process and account opening at the Custodian(s) in your Program. This is a billable event and is isolated intentionally for you to confirm that the Customer record is complete. Customer Onboarding is the event that locks the customer PII and profile responses from further edits.
Customer Onboarding is designed to work as follows:
- The Customer completes the required Compliance Workflow initiated from the Compliance Workflows endpoint and all documents are acknowledged.
- The Customer provides complete PII as defined by the Customers endpoint
- The Customer provides complete Customer Profile information as defined by the Product endpoint
- You submit a request to Customer Products with the specified Product this Customer is onboarding onto.
- Rize performs a validation on the PII provided, the Customer Profile data, and the Compliance Workflow to confirm all are valid.
If the Customer passes these validations and meets the duration requirements described below, the Customer record is submitted to the KYC process.
You have a set duration to submit a Customer onboarding request. Rize measures the duration from the begun_at timestamp of the current Compliance Workflow returned from the Compliance Workflows endpoint to the time Rize receives the Customer Onboarding request.
If the Customer Onboarding request falls outside of the set duration, your request will fail. If your request fails, a new Compliance Workflow must be started for this Customer. This will restart the duration available for a valid submission to Customer Onboarding.
The previously submitted Customer PII remains editable for this customer after a failed submission to Customer Onboarding.